Vellai has a permanent sponsor, but is still available for adoption and fostering. If you are interested in sponsoring another animal in need, please check back to the animals section.
B eautiful, snowy white girl Vellai has a familiar, terrible story to tell. Hit by a car and left for dead, she was lucky to be found lying broken and crumpled in a ditch before being brought to us, where treatment began right away. Left for any longer where she had been found, she would doubtless have died. Sadly, Vellai’s injures were such that she would never walk again, but we are confident that under our care, she is enjoying life, and is not suffering. However, she would love to be someone’s special pet, and this would surely give her an even better quality of life.
If you’re unable to adopt a special pet like Vellai, sponsorship is a popular alternative, and with regular donations towards her care, you could visit her whenever you liked, or send her treats and toys to enjoy.
All animals adopted from HAS are or will be sterilised for free at the ABC and Rescue Centre. It is mandatory and entirely free of cost for the adopter. Due to her disability, Vellai has not been sterilised.
Malavika Venkat since June 2022
The monthly expense for a dog in the care of HAS is INR 4000 (USD 50). If you are interested in sponsoring Vellai, partially or fully, please click the sponsor button below to receive more information.Sponsor
Adoption means taking responsibility for the animal, and providing the animal with their forever home. HAS offers extensive support for the adopter, and free lifetime treatment for the animal.Adopt
Fostering means nurturing the animal in your premises until they can move to a permanent home. This will usually take a few weeks. HAS is offering extended support throughout the foster period.Foster
+91 97 91 53 22 66
The procedure for adopting or fostering an animal from HAS varies from animal to animal and from person to person, but the following steps are always involved one way or the other.
1. Let us know of your interest in whichever way suits you the best.
2. We will arrange for you to visit your preferred animal at their home at the Sanctuary or ABC and Rescue Centre.
3. We will discuss in person with you the practicalities of adopting/fostering an animal.
4. You will ensure that all your family members affected by the adoption/fostering are in agreement, and that they will do their best to promote the interests of the animal.
5. We will do a house visit to ensure that you and the animal would be comfortable living with each other there. If necessary, we will advise on ways to adjust the living quarters to suit the animal.
6. You will pick up the animal from its present location, or, if possible, we will drop the animal at your house.
7. You will bring the animal to the ABC and Rescue Centre for yearly free health check-ups that include vaccinations.
8. Should you experience any problems at any point in the life of the animal, you should never hesitate in contacting HAS.