S truck down by a speeding vehicle, Garry was found by caring folks who wasted no time in bringing him to us for treatment. Exceptionally loving and gentle despite the trauma he had suffered, Garry fell in love with us, and the feeling was absolutely mutual! While Garry is currently unable to move as fast as his canine companions, with regular physiotherapy he is learning to walk using all four legs again, and we’re hopeful that he will soon be outrunning his furry friends!
All animals adopted from HAS are or will be sterilised for free at the ABC and Rescue Centre. It is mandatory and entirely free of cost for the adopter. Garry is not sterilised.
Garry had two sponsors whose combined contributions covered Garry's maintenance:
Aditi Sridhar from May 2022 until August 2022
Jyothi Mani from May 2022 until August 2022
The monthly expense for a dog in the care of HAS is INR 4000 (USD 50). If you are interested in sponsoring Garry, partially or fully, please click the sponsor button below to receive more information.Sponsor
Adoption means taking responsibility for the animal, and providing the animal with their forever home. HAS offers extensive support for the adopter, and free lifetime treatment for the animal.Adopt
Fostering means nurturing the animal in your premises until they can move to a permanent home. This will usually take a few weeks. HAS is offering extended support throughout the foster period.Foster
+91 97 91 53 22 66
The procedure for adopting or fostering an animal from HAS varies from animal to animal and from person to person, but the following steps are always involved one way or the other.
1. Let us know of your interest in whichever way suits you the best.
2. We will arrange for you to visit your preferred animal at their home at the Sanctuary or ABC and Rescue Centre.
3. We will discuss in person with you the practicalities of adopting/fostering an animal.
4. You will ensure that all your family members affected by the adoption/fostering are in agreement, and that they will do their best to promote the interests of the animal.
5. We will do a house visit to ensure that you and the animal would be comfortable living with each other there. If necessary, we will advise on ways to adjust the living quarters to suit the animal.
6. You will pick up the animal from its present location, or, if possible, we will drop the animal at your house.
7. You will bring the animal to the ABC and Rescue Centre for yearly free health check-ups that include vaccinations.
8. Should you experience any problems at any point in the life of the animal, you should never hesitate in contacting HAS.